Monday, March 23, 2009

89tek9:Technics negative 1200



download this episode

Live radio at its best was the Stretch Armstrong and Bobito show. This episode is one the funniest shows I ever taped. Stretch was handicapped by non-functional turntables or in his words “technics negative 1200’s”. Bobito was frustrated by the guests on the show who were giving way too many shout outs, but back in the day shout outs were essential - look at any old school hip hip liner notes - shout outs were expected.

This excerpt from their show is about 45 minutes long and features some great music from Lord Grayson and the Artifacts. Tape quality is not the best but I cleaned it up as much as possible. As always, save the music.

Stretch and Bob provided an outlet for people to here music that commercial radio refused to play. In the same fashion Blending Nations is doing the same, stay tuned!

6 comments:

DIGUMSMAK said...

Thanks for this one!!! I would just be happy enough to have been able to be within the vicinity to catch a good signal in order to record it live!!

omega said...

most thursday nights I would press record and pass out. I was lucky to get what I got. but more to come sir. stay tuned

DIGUMSMAK said...

I got about 8 shows on cassette that I had picked up over the years. Im not sure if they had made every show episode available on cassette or not. Im sure you got alot of priceless episodes that not many other out there have.

omega said...

you shoud post the episodes you have their show was classic

DIGUMSMAK said...

This also reminds me, somewhere I have a copy of the Hieroglyphics Vs. Hobo Junction Freestyle battle from KMEL. I gotta go find it.

omega said...

that sounds like a good episode. keep me posted on when you find those tapes